Board of Education
Township of Ocean Schools
1. To inform all stakeholders about the new teacher evaluation instrument and the Excellent Educators for New Jersey (EE4NJ) initiative
2. To foster positive coach / athlete relationships by promoting the implementation of a professional development program for coaches
3. To prepare for the implementation of block scheduling by conducting parent information sessions, constructing student schedules, designing curriculum pacing guides, and providing training sessions for teachers
4. To score 90% or better in the district performance review including instruction and programs, fiscal management, operations management, personnel, and governance as assessed by the New Jersey Quality Single Accountability Continuum (NJ-QSAC)
5. To continue to improve financial and operational efficiency by expanding the existing high level of shared services with the municipality & surrounding school districts and expanding new advertising/sponsorship opportunities.
6. To conclude updates to the Long Range Facilities Plan including the short term and long term options for facility construction/renovation needs.
This page contains The Board Highlights and Minutes from The Board of Education Meetings held throughout the year. Regular meetings are held in the auditorium of the Administrative Building and workshop meetings are held in the Superintendent's conference room as listed in the link below.
Official copies of Board of Education minutes can be
obtained by calling 732-531-5600 x3100
Board Meeting Minutes